Tours » Flyboarding
Cozumel Flyboard by Cozumel Concierge.
One of Cozumel's most exciting water sport has got to be FLYBOARDING!!
How does it work?!
For those of you not familiar with the sport, it's a board attached to a jet ski by a 60ft hose. The acceleration of the jet ski provides the lift you need to defy gravity and fly like a super hero or swim like a dolphin! It is a feeling like no other.
The Flyboard was invented in spring 2011 by a French watercraft rider, Franky Zapata. He built many prototypes before perfecting the design which allows the device to climb out of the water and be stable in the air. This was achieved by the underfoot propulsion and hand stabilization. The French Institut national de la propriété industrielle (INPI) granted Zapata a patent for his invention.
Technical information: The Flyboard is basically a bolt on device that is attached to a jet ski and requires proper instructions and safety gear before being able to use the product successfully and efficiently.
Discription of the Flyboard adventure:
1. Take ground transportation from your hotel or pier (if arriving by cruise ship). Easy to follow instructions will be given to you upon confirming your reservation.
2. Complete a 10 minute training and safety session with your Flyboard Cozumel instructor.
3. Get fitted for safety gear, helmet, and life jacket, and strap on boots.
4. Taxi out to the safe zone and FLY!!! It's really that easy and FUN
1. You must be at least 12 years old (minors must have parental concent). 2. You must know how to swim. 3. You must be between 100 and 200 lbs (250 max). 4. You must be in good health, no heart conditions, back problems (other problems; please ask). 5. You cannot be pregnant.You cannot be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.